Monday, May 19, 2014

05/12/2014 - 05/18/2014

M: 3M

T: OFF

W: 5M

Th: 5M

F:  3M

S: OFF

Su: 2M

Week: 18M

I left my log at home, but all my runs started at 8:45 then dropped to around 8:15-8:05 I think. I was still getting over being sick last week so all my paces felt super slow even though they were fine. A lot of coughing and snot rockets.

Last weekend I rekindled my affair with skateboarding...all thoughts of racing are out the window.  I'm still going to run and keep this blog, but racing isn't a focus right now.

I also finally got a pair of shoes to wear test from New Balance. So that will keep me running for sure because I've been trying to get into wear testing for awhile.

2 comments:

  1. Wear testing is awesome. How did you get into that?

    My running group is still growing a bit, and one guy was a pretty good college runner...so it could get interesting if we get competitive.

    Let me know if the racing bug bites again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You just sign up at this site and they'll email you when they have a test that you match. http://sportsresearch.newbalance.com/

    Nike has one too but I think they only let you test if you wear 9.5. https://producttesting.nike.com/signin/7055

    Cool news with the running group. It seems really hard to get people on the same schedule. I failed to get any consistency out of the few guys I met here. They seemed to be suffering from post-collegiate doldrums, lack of success in dropping road 5K times (like 14:52 sucks), and failing to move to the marathon. Oh well. I tried.

    Thanks for the offer, and I'll let you know if I get back to a place where I can think about racing. My ankle is getting better from the skating so I need to just stay with that for awhile. I do want to run again. I just have to step away until the peroneal thing is worked out.

    Best wishes with your running.

    ReplyDelete