Monday, April 21, 2014

04/14/2014 - 04/20/2014

I ran Monday and Saturday and things are ok, but not good. Its really frustrating that it feels the same as before the break.  Monday was 8:45 and 8:20.  Saturday was 8:20, 7:55, and 7:52.

The running feels fine, but I still have the stiffness in the morning and during the first  quarter mile.  I've been doing some massaging to try to break up whatever is keeping the tendon tight.

I'm going to run a few times a week for awhile and see how it goes.  I'm not going to bump my miles up for awhile.  I'm really sick of making the same bone-headed mistake.


I've been fishing a lot to stay busy.  I got this 6# 12 oz fish a couple weekends ago.  Biggest one ever.  That was a great adrenaline rush.

I hope your running is going well.

2 comments:

  1. Good to hear from you.

    Sorry to hear about that nagging injury. You could always take 4-6 weeks off from running completely, and try to sustain fitness with the bike a few times a week.

    That is a huge bass. I'm jealous. You live in the center of the best fishing in the country. You absolutely have to go find a kayak (open top) and start exploring. Mosquito Lagoon is one of my favorite places because of the big tailing reds in shallow water and aggressive speckled trout.

    I'm still only running about 3 times a week, but I'm throwing in a pure speed workout once a week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I took a full 4 weeks off and it really just stayed the same. I'm going to do some running this week and see how everything feels. Damn, being 38 sucks!

    I ran 4 miles the last two nights and it still feels fine after the first quarter mile. After that I don't notice it at all no matter what I'm doing while running. Uphill, downhill, grass, rocks, gravel, fast, slow, whatever. My paces have stayed basically the same and it's easy for me to sit on 8ish pace. I've only run 4 miles at a time to save my leg muscles because that's where I am feeling weakness. I'm pretty happy with that because it tells me that I haven't lost cardiovascular fitness with this break.

    It's really weird that being inactive is what seems to cause the discomfort. So, I've gotten back to doing ART while I'm sitting and after running.

    I'm eyeing a 12' jon boat so I can get on the lakes around here. There's a ton of good lakes and ponds around here that are easy to get on. The lagoon is an amazing fishery, but it is a pain to get to since it's over an hour away. But, maybe the 'yak is the best bet because it will make me get out of town on the weekends instead of fishing the same spots as I do during the week. Also, it would let me break out my fly rods again...

    ReplyDelete